Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Under the Sea *The Little Mermaid*

What better midnight activity then blogging? Rachel and I have been in this small classroom "studying" for a while tonight, in the meantime we also had an hour long music lesson from a favorite of mine, the one and only Jake Steel who started teaching us how to improvise and compose our own music on the piano while singing. I loved every minute of it... it's a little bit addicting I think.

So now here I am (don't worry mom, I finished Old Testament reading):

This weekend we decided a day out to the beach was a fabulous idea. And let me tell you, the sandy beaches of Tel Aviv could not be finer. (Sidenote: the girl/boy ratio is about a 3:1 hence, the boys become our photographers on many occasions.) Token example in the photos below:












Appreciate the artistic genius of this photo. I like to call it "The Big Splash" 

P.S. If you're wondering if I got fried from this experience...I did. One girl who stayed in Jerusalem instead of going to the beach looked at us as we walked straight in to dinner after the beach: "You guys look like you..... had a lot of fun." aka you guys look disgusting but we love you anyways. I loved every minute of it. 

Oh and about the "Under the Sea" post, I was in charge of the music committee for our field trip the other day. I got an email of the songs we were supposed to sing. Here was the list: 
A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief
As Shepherds Watch Their Flocks
Under the Sea (The Little Mermaid)

So, the Disney bandwagon came out on the bus. People were crazy for The Little Mermaid. I caught video coverage instead, someday I'll post it. It shows you a whole new side of people here. A side that I. feel. great. about. Over and out. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment