Friday, February 25, 2011

Failure is the best thing that can happen

A couple of years ago my mom showed me this Harvard commencement speech and it inspired me to redefine the way I live my life. 


When I was young my dream was to meet J.K. Rowling. She has always been one of my heroes because she started out with nothing and ultimately changed the world because she dared to live her dream. 


Start watching at 7:05 to hear what she has to say about failure. Sometimes it is easy for me to think that if life doesn't work out exactly the way I want it to or if I don't achieve my goals with perfection that my life will be a disaster. 


I think she is incredibly optimist. At the lowest point in her life she explains that "my rock bottom became a solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life." 


One of my favorite quotes (on my blog) comes from this speech. She says that "It is impossible to live without failing at something unless you live so cautiously you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you fail by default." 


She inspires me to find my passion and pursue it, even if I fail a few times along the way. :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment