Monday, August 22, 2011

Be a man. man.

Tuesday was a milestone event in my short little life.  I went in for surgery.  aka to get my wisdom teeth out.  Yes, they put me under and yes I was weird when I woke up and yes it is on film.  But that's not my point right now.  So last night at 4:44 AM I woke up and was wallowing in post-wisdom tooth extraction pain. 


So obviously I decided to google "what to do when you get your wisdom teeth out" and for the next 20 minutes was reading these great accounts of other Americans who have suffered through the procedure.  Here were some of my favorites:


Example A:
*Well, I got my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday morning. Not to scare anyone, I have never been in more pain in my life. It's horible. None of my pain killers work so i basically sit here in pain. 


(Side note:  This comment would thoroughly freak me out if I had not been through it already. Obviously this person was trying to scare someone.)




Example B:


*PACE YOURSELF WHEN EATING; DON'T BINGE. I rushed eating and threw up. I also ate the whole pudding cup the first time. The third time I ate slower and only about 1/2 of the cup and only vomited about 1/4 -_-. 


(Side note: what happened the second time they tried eating the pudding cup?  Apparently too scarring to share on the comment page.)




Example C: (My personal favorite)


*Well it seems I am in a very small percintile but I begged my wife to take me straight to Burger King on thw way home from having my four wisdom teeth taken out.....but as I soon foud out you cant feel anything so once you put it in your mouth you cant find it so you end up just chewing on your tongue...lol There was also a lot of blood.

(Personal side note:  this man is my hero right now.  It takes a real man to eat a burger on the way home from that.  They say the old spice guy is a real man?  Try eating a burger after that. haha)


These accounts were taken from: 
 http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_can_you_eat_after_you_have_your_wisdom_teeth_extracted#ixzz1VoI4HBOz

So I felt connected to people all over the country sitting on their couches wallowing (except for the Burger King hero).  haha happily, I have passed that stage and I even ate small morsels of steak for lunch.  That. is. a. big. deal. 

Have a great day! 

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA YOU ARE MY HERO! I LOVE YOU ALYSSA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alyssa, I saw your blog on FB so I had to check it out. Haha, this post is so funny! I remember I was totally freaked out to get my wisdom teeth out. Oh but I went to a dentist instead of an oral surgeon so i wasn't put out all the way! freaky. Anyway, your blog is super cute! Mine is private unfortunately but I'd love to send you an invite, what's your email??...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard you had your wisdom teeth pulled!! I am glad you are past that stage now and that you felt comfort from other people online haha

    ReplyDelete